Subscribe for free to Dr. Greger's videos at:
DESCRIPTION: Reducing the ratio of animal to plant protein in men's diets may slow the progression of prostate cancer.
For those unfamiliar with that landmark Ornish study, see Cancer Reversal Through Diet? ( ), which the Pritikin Foundation followed up on with Ex Vivo Cancer Proliferation Bioassay ( ).
What else might help men with prostate cancer? See Flaxseed vs. Prostate Cancer ( ) and Saturated Fat & Cancer Progression ( ). What about preventing it in the first place? See:
• Carnitine, Choline, Cancer and Cholesterol: The TMAO Connection ( )
• Reducing Cancer Risk In Meateaters ( )
• Industrial Carcinogens in Animal Fat ( )
• Is It the Diet, the Exercise, or Both? ( )
Poultry and eggs may be related to cancer risk in a variety of ways:
• Chicken, Eggs, and Inflammation ( )
• Starving Cancer with Methionine Restriction ( )
• Carcinogenic Retrovirus Found in Eggs ( )
• Poultry Exposure Tied to Liver and Pancreatic Cancer ( )
• Poultry and Penis Cancer ( )
• Heterocyclic Amines in Eggs, Cheese, and Creatine? ( )
Crucifers may also help with other cancers. See:
• Raw Broccoli and Bladder Cancer Survival ( )
• Broccoli Versus Breast Cancer Stem Cells ( )
• Lung Cancer Metastases and Broccoli ( )
I'm going to highlight it in the next video Breast Cancer Survival Vegetable ( ).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he'll try to answer it!
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: www.bit.ly/nutritionupdates
• Donate: www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
Comments are closed.